Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP status presentation from registrar meeting in Århus/Denmark 2011-05-04

From: Patrik Fältström <patrik_at_frobbit.se>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 10:33:03 +0200

What is needed is from DK-Hostmaster a detailed description of the EPP status of .DK, what features in .EPP is in use, and the evaluation I take for granted DK-Hostmaster have done regarding deciding on extensions that are special for .DK, and what extensions have been inherited from other TLDs. And if private .DK special extensions have been chosen, an explanation on why.

Any special extension a registry chooses imply great cost for the registrars, and unfortunately, as a registrar, I see TLDs unfortunately take too lightly how complicated it is to manage private extensions.

So, I have great hope DK-Hostmaster have chosen to not create any private extensions at all, and in worst case have inherited same extensions as some other TLDs.

   Patrik