Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP status presentation from registrar meeting in Århus/Denmark 2011-05-04

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:32:13 +0200

Hello Benny,

I think you must have misunderstood something.

As I recall Per said that DK Hostmaster regards EPP as a channel to our systems/backend. This is something I support, since it is how it fits into my architectural perspective of how software systems generally should work.

We might have mentioned that we have a working EPP solution, which was created years ago, but it was never deployed. It might have been me who mentioned this at the meeting since I was involved in the actual implementation. In retrospect I am glad it never was deployed.

1. It only implement a very limited set of the EPP commands
2. It relies heavily on extensions
3. It would be hard to move a way from it once it was deployed

Back then It was my hope to get that existing solution deployed to get some traction, this might have been defined by me to be about Q1/2011. I am going to be more careful with dates in the future. Please also see my response to Boris in this thread. I am aiming for an iterative release process, so we might have a more realistic and pragmatic approach to getting the specification and software out to you.

Jonas Brømsø Nielsen
Software Developer at DK Hostmaster A/S
http://www.dk-hostmaster.dk
+45 31546056