Re: [EPP-discuss] Draft EPP Specification rev. 1.0 and invitation to meeting/workshop

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:37:28 +0200

Hi Patrik,

Comments below.

Jonas

On 26/10/2012, at 14.29, Patrik Fältström <paf_at_frobbit.se> wrote:

> A few comments:
>
> Generic comment that I tell every epp registry ;-)
>
> - I am disappointed that this ccTLD registry do have private extensions.

No comment

> Specifics:
>
> - The response with tracking number for create domains must be machine parseable. What is proposed today is not good enough.

Due to an implementation issue I had to roll-back to a simpler implementation, the initial proposal, which we still aim for looks some like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
     xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd">
    <response>

        <result code="1001">
            <msg>Create domain domain.dk pending. Sequence ID = 2468.</msg>
        </result>
        <resData>
            <trackingNo>1234</trackingNo>
        </resData>
        <msgQ count="2" id="ABC-1234-XY"></msgQ>
       <trID>
            <clTRID>300c8288dbe6e15e837733983143e63d</clTRID>
            <svTRID>5B1D5990-0988-11E2-A187-AFB5A63584A5</svTRID>
        </trID>
    </response>
</epp>

We regard this issue as open, we however wanted the specification to reflect what was in the available test environment at the time of disclosure.

> - Creation of hosts is also pending, and should use the same mechanism for poll as creation of domains

That is our intention, if this is not clear in the specification draft, I will emphasize this in the next revision.

> - User type should be standardized via IETF so that same mechanism is used on all registries using similar mechanisms

You have to be more clear on this.