Re: [EPP-discuss] Draft EPP Specification rev. 1.0 and invitation to meeting/workshop

From: Teddy Hogeborn <teddy.h+dk-epp_at_nmugroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:53:14 +0200

Wiebren Braakman <w.braakman_at_realtimeregister.com> writes:

> I see the domain, host and contact EPP schemas have been changed to
> accommodate DK specifics, e.g. <host:responsible>. I think it would be
> cleaner to do this with EPP extensions without altering the original
> schemas. If you choose to leave it this way you should not use ietf
> URN's for the altered schemas but change them to DK specific URN's,
> e.g urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:host-1.0 to
> http://www.dk-hostmaster.dk/epp/xml/dkhm-host-1.0

I agree completely. This type of behavior is not adhering to a
standard, this is *subverting* the standard.

The core EPP commands should NOT be changed; add things in the
<extensions> tag! It's what it's there for.

From the draft 1.0:
> Please note that the XSD implementation preserves the original
> namespace and does not make alterations to this apart from adding
> the already described XML elements.

Please add your own *additional* XSD with *your own* namespace, and add
data in the <extensions> tag. Do *not* replace the normal EPP XSD
files.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
Systemadministratör på Nordisk Media Utveckling AB
https://www.nmugroup.com/	tel:040-304770