Re: [EPP-discuss] Draft EPP Specification rev. 1.0 and invitation to meeting/workshop

From: Teddy Hogeborn <teddy.h+dk-epp_at_nmugroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:23:50 +0200

"Jonas B. Nielsen" <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> writes:

> I am glad you bring up this issue. To me as a programmer namespace is
> simply a mechanism for identification of data. So in this context I
> would regard the namespace as being local to the DK Hostmaster service
> eventhough it resembles what is used elsewhere.

URNs are *global* identifiers, not local or context-dependent.
Therefore, "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0" should always refer to
exactly the same resource.

> I do however understand the complication if we are facing an issue of
> collision.
>
> Could you please clarify what issues you see with reuse of namespace.

If you replace the EPP standard RFC's, we are forced to not use the
XSD's from the RFC's to validate the protocol. You are, in effect,
creating your own private protocol. You are, in fact, not using EPP,
but your own, however deceptively similar, protocol. This does not help
implementors.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
System Administrator at Nordisk Media Utveckling AB
https://www.nmugroup.com/	tel:+46.40304770