Re: [EPP-discuss] Draft EPP Specification rev. 1.0 and invitation to meeting/workshop

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:50:41 +0100

On 02/11/2012, at 10.38, Teddy Hogeborn <teddy.h+dk-epp_at_nmugroup.com> wrote:

>>> The problem of mapping URIs to schema file locations is up to the
>>> validator, and should not be an issue for disussion here.
>>
>> Well we do validation of all requests received, incoming for
>> production and incoming and outgoing for development
>
> By "the validator" I meant the program which does the validation.
> Therefore, I meant that how you, the .DK registry, should interface with
> the validator program is not an issue for discussion on this list.

Understood.

>>> 2. Should probably be refering to its name in the correct namespace by
>>> writing name="host:create" and adding
>>> xmlns:host="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:host-1.0" to the root element.
>>
>> got it to work
>
> See below.
>
>>> 3. Probably must use the XML Schema <restriction> element.
>>
>> I am experiencing issues with this for complexTypes, but it might be
>> me.
>
> I am worried by what you are implying here; I don't want to have one XML
> Schema for .dk and one for other EPP standard servers.

We stated quite early in the project and when presenting this to the registrars that we intend to adhere to the standard as much as possible. So we are founding our implmentation on the standard XSDs and as you have guided me to we are implementing local extensions under the extension rules as specified by EPP. The examples in the first draft can pretty much be disregarded since they clearly was the wrong way of doing things. The updated specification holds the new examples. My hope is that these are closer to what you tried to communicate to me via the list, if not. I am sure we can go over these at the workshop today.

Your recommendations and advice is much appreciated. And all issues raised on the list and later today will be evaluated.

So I hope you understand that we attempt to get as close to the standard as possible and we strive to satisfy the users, while complying with local legislation and environment.

I hope this openness is reflected in our communications on the list.

jonasbn