Re: [EPP-discuss] Wishlist

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:07:58 +0100

Hello Jonas,

As specified on several occassions, I do not want to extend the project with more features at this time.

Your opinion on the importance of renew is noted, but it cannot be honored at this time. We do not use special code to disable the renew command, we simply return:

2101 "Unimplemented command" as specified in the standard.

We are developing the service in the context of ccTLD, we will try to comply with the standard to the extend this is possible, but some of parts of the standard imposes serious issues on our existing architecture and therefor require special attention. In order to be able to complete the project these parts have been taken out of scope for now. This is a feasible and well known project method and I hope you will understand the reason to do so.

I do not understand your statement that this will mess up everything, we do not support renew functionality by other means today.

jonasbn