Re: [EPP-discuss] Wishlist

From: Patrik Fältström <patrik_at_frobbit.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:49:55 +0100

On 9 nov 2012, at 10:41, "Jonas B. Nielsen" <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> wrote:

> On 09/11/2012, at 10.13, Patrik Fältström <patrik_at_frobbit.se> wrote:
>
>> On 9 nov 2012, at 10:07, "Jonas B. Nielsen" <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> As specified on several occassions, I do not want to extend the project with more features at this time.
>>
>> More features for you as a registry, or more features for us as registrars?
>
> I am not sure what you mean. Our services are primarily focused on registrants and registrars, so these features should benefit these two groups of clients.

Agreed, but my point was that if you decide to freeze your set of features because you on the registry side do not have time to do more work, then you instead push more work on the registrars that need to change their code to adopt to the special "features" required by a specific registry.

> As stated previously on several occassions we aim to implement standard EPP, but as a ccTLD we are working under local legislation. On other points we are contrained by local business models etc. these are under our control, but this takes careful consideration and evaluation. In addition to doing technical analysis of features requests, other aspects have to considered to, in context of law and security etc.

Correct, and in some cases, maybe also for .DK, it would have been better to first update the legislation and business processes instead of fighting and getting some special flavour of epp to be wrapped around the very special environment .DK is (that has been pointed out during the years over and over again).

I.e. maybe registrars will not implement epp anyway for .DK as long as you have the policy you have. Who knows? Only future will tell.

   Patrik