Re: [EPP-discuss] Wishlist

From: Jørgen Thomsen <jth_at_jth.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 20:56:53 +0100

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:29:29 +0100,"Jonas B. Nielsen" <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> wrote:

>I have now talked to our legal department and for updating op contact data I have to refer to this part of the general terms for now.
>
>5.1 Changes to information in DK Hostmaster's databases
>
>On the Registrant's request, DK Hostmaster shall undertake administrative changes to
>information concerning a Registrant's domain name in DK Hostmaster's databases such as
>changes to company or personal information. DK Hostmaster shall not claim payment for this.
>The change request from the Registrant or his/her Proxy shall be made by standard mail or by
>e-mail with an instructing document in PDF format or by using another communication
>channel as prescribed by DK Hostmaster. The document shall moreover contain the
>Registrant's or the Proxy's user ID and access code to allow DK Hostmaster to validate the
>request. If the Registrant wishes to replace one Proxy with another, the document shall be
>signed by the Registrant with his or her user ID and access code. For VID domain names, see
>also Clauses 5.4.2 and 5.4.3.

Yes, and this paragraph actually does provide for the proposed model on the condition, that the
registrar is proxy (administrative contact) for the domain name.
It is a very common practice, that the registrar is administrative contact on non .DK domain
names.
So if this also is the case for a .DK domain name, then there is nothing in 5.1 preventing
updates through the EPP interface once EPP is "prescribed as a communication channel".

mvh
Jørgen

Kontaktinfo: http://jth.tel