[EPP-discuss] Availability of sandbox and update of the test environment

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:37:33 +0100

Hello All,

We are happy to announce availability of our sandbox environment.

The sandbox has been made available for test with version 0.0.8 and the test environment has been updated to version 0.0.7, the test environment is still working as a dummy. The sandbox however supports the specified commands, will be processed in a sandbox.

Please let us know if you experience any issues with either.

For authentication your production accounts have been synchronized to the sandbox. You can change passwords using EPP to make your password differ from production. Please note we are considering a more long-term solution for this. Further details on the sandbox environment are available in the specification draft.

We have made the following changes, which are all documented in the specification draft:

- create host command has been removed, we ran into some issues with the overall proces and decided to freeze the implementation and focus on the other issues. We will have to revisit this command before making it available again, more information will follow
- userType enumeration have been changed to more readable formats. So instead of CPAI, we use the strings: company, public_organization, association and individual

The sandbox environment will be updated regularly based on your feedback and our own backlog. The following issues are still in our pipeline for the sandbox environment.

- authentication and authentication model
- processing of asynchronous calls. The sandbox does not emulate this part right now, this will be made simulated in sandbox mode later so you get a feel for the complete flow

Attached is an updated revision of our EPP specification and our XSD files.

Looking forward to your feedback - have a nice weekend,