Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP updated to EPP 1.0.4

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:24:49 +0200

Hello,

We made a decision to change these values in the new service since the existing implementation is bothering us from a development perspective.

The existing mail form supports the values: C, P, A and I in the English version for 'company', 'public organisation', 'association' and 'individual'. The Danish version of the mail form supports: V, O, F and P for 'virksomhed', 'offentlig organisation', 'forening' og 'privat person'.

If we put these into a matrix it will look as follows:

Company C V
Public organisation P O
Association A F
Individual I P

As you can see there are two values, which are the same 'P', but they bear different meaning based on the context. So instead of these very short representations and the issue of localized data indicators, we wanted to introduce more readable formats improving readability and easying the identification and eliminating the emphasis on context.

Localized brief data indicators are IMHO a serious anti-pattern and should be avoided, but in this case this is not such a big deal. So we can re-introduce the use of the brief formats.

Currently we only support English so only the values of CPAI will be valid and in the context of English in a future release.

jonasbn