Re: [EPP-discuss] contact-create issues

From: Erik Johansen <ejo_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:03:16 +0200

Let me just comment a bit on this one:

On 04-06-2013 03:47, Morten Møller Riis wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> A few issues with contact-create.
>
> *
> *
> *Specifying password for contact at contact-create doesn't seem to
> work, e.g.:*
>
> <contact:authInfo>
> <contact:pw>m75zy_at_fI</contact:pw>
> </contact:authInfo>

Currently it does not appear to have any purpose to have a password, for
accessing a customers details, since the customer will get a password
sent to them on creation. The two passwords have different purposes
anyway, but registrar access using this password is not planned.

> *Manually specifying an id doesn't seem to work:*
>
> The documentation suggests this should be possible as per RFC5733.
>
> Request:
> <contact:id>GH342342-DK</contact:id>
>
> <result code="1000">
> <msg>Contact created.</msg>
> </result>
> <resData>
> <contact:creData xmlns:contact="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0">
> <contact:id>GH5590-DK</contact:id>

This got changed just before putting out the last version of EPP.
The possibility of having customers pick their own contact-ID conflicts
with some internal allocation schemes.
The number-part is assigned in serial order. The letter prefix is
usually picked from the initials, although I think you are allowed to
specify something else.

Anyway, there is a strong urge to reuse contact handles, so if you pass
in contact details matching an existing contact, you may have that
contact-id returned instead.

> *clTRID is discarded if validation fails, even just for certain field*
> *
> *
> IMHO Especially problematic when we are working async.

> <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
> xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd">
> <response>
> <result code="2001">
> <msg>XSD Validation failed Element
> &apos;{urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0}voice&apos;: &apos;+45
> 12345678&apos; is not a valid value of the atomic type
> &apos;{urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0}e164StringType&apos;.</msg>
> </result>
> <trID>
> <clTRID>missing</clTRID>
> <svTRID>6EBB7AB6-CCB7-11E2-ACC0-D1A1A4F3F658</svTRID>
> </trID>
> </response>
> </epp>

The more technical description, is that the XML is being parsed, and
failing that leaves no trust in the XML structure itself. This is where
the clTRID is extracted from. When parsing fails, we are currently
falling back to a more limited attempt to extract the clTRID. This is
something that we should improve.

(Phone numbers needs a "." like in "+45.12345678")

> Mvh / Best regards
> Morten Møller Riis
> Gigahost ApS
> mmr_at_gigahost.dk <mailto:mmr_at_gigahost.dk>

Erik Johansen
Titel: Udvikler/Developer
Tlf.      33 64 60 60
Mobil:    40 13 60 57