Re: [EPP-discuss] contact-create issues

From: Morten Møller Riis <mmr_at_gigahost.dk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:42:16 +1000

OK.

I'm aware that my example phone number fails because of the whitespace. But it was just to illustrate the issue.

Even though the XML fails XSD validation it is still valid XML and as such I think the cltrid should be extracted. In worst case simply by regex.

Regarding specifying a manual id I guess I can see the reason for this. IMHO the auto keyword is a good idea, but isn't EPP standard and as such different registrars have different ways of solving this. I think the current solution is ok, but the documentation should be updated to reflect this. It also makes the check-contact action unnecessary.

Regarding the password. I guess it is send to the user on domain-create then. Some registrars, like nominet, don't use pw either. The documentation should be updated to reflect this.

Mvh / Best regards
Morten Møller Riis
Gigahost ApS
mmr_at_gigahost.dk