RE: [EPP-discuss] EPP production updated to version 1.0.5

From: Boris Fernandez <Boris.Fernandez_at_ascio.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:20:27 +0000

All right...

So... we can't use Org and Name together for company

I am not sure I understand this business rule at all. Why is that a problem to address some individual or dpt within a company name.

Can an official explain this to me ?

If we want to comply with the RFC and the business logic, out there in the real world, using the name field instead of the org field is just wrong.

We, as a registrar, have to try to map our systems to comply with the most basic and logic EPP rules. We really do wish you can do the same and allow our customers to define the name and org if they wishes to. It will take us few minute to change our xsl but it is just not the right thing to do imho.