Re: [EPP-discuss] epp-test.dk-hostmaster.dk will be decommissioned

From: Kristian Ørmen <kristian_at_larsendata.dk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:42:20 +0200

Hi

But isn't this just because DK Hostmaster and the registrars understand the words test system and sandbox differently?

I don't really care who is misunderstanding each other but let me try to explain what .eu is doing.

.EU has 2-3 systems running.

Production
Tryout
Staging

The production system is always online (even during easter, christmas and so on)

The tryout system is always online and is always the same version as the production.

The staging system is running whenever there is a new version coming. Some time in advance the new version is rolled out on the staging system giving registrars the opportunity to test this version before it gets online on production and tryout systems.

Mvh
Kristian Ørmen