Re: [EPP-discuss] domain:info Command not working ?

From: Ståle Schumacher <stale_at_domeneshop.no>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:24:24 +0200

Boris Fernandez wrote:

> This EPP is just to amateurish... This should not even been in production and exposed to the domain name industry. You are going to make fools of yourself.
>
> PS : well done with disconnecting the session, forcing us to log again, when there is errors. Perfectly designed.

I agree 100%. The whole EPP project is a farce. We (Domeneshop) will not
waste time updating our systems to support an implementation that
should be labelled an alpha release at best. (1.0.5? Seriously?)

And why spend time on an EPP server at all, when all you can do with it
is registering new domains and not update them? There is no need for EPP
until .DK throws away the old, broken business model where registrars
only register domains and the registrants themselves manage the domains
afterwards directly with the registry. Either you have registrars or you
don't. The current mixed model is inherently flawed and EPP will only
make this even more obvious.

Why don't DK Hostmaster instead use their resources on fixing long-
standing bugs and annoyances such as the inability to update DNSSEC
parameters for IDN domains, a buggy WHOIS server, a terribly slow and
sluggish web interface, and a completely useless invoice model? And
maybe put some pressure on DIFO or other relevant bodies to move away
from the current business model if they really want to deploy EPP and
emerge as a modern registry.

Kind regards,

Ståle Schumacher
Domeneshop AS