Re: [EPP-discuss] Registering name servers in the sandbox environment

From: Erik Johansen <ejo_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 15:43:17 +0200

Yes, the name server (EPP names this "host") has to exist on the sandbox
server.

You can create it with a command like this (replace values as appropriate):

<epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0
epp-1.0.xsd"><command><create><host:create
xmlns:host="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:host-1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:host-1.0
host-1.0.xsd"><host:name>ns1.domain1.dk</host:name><host:addr
ip="v4">8.8.8.1</host:addr></host:create></create><extension><dkhm:contact
xmlns:dkhm="urn:dkhm:params:xml:ns:dkhm-1.0">TEST1234-DK</dkhm:contact></extension><clTRID>e4916158fff7f5abd05820ddcca974aa</clTRID></command></epp>

/Erik

On 22-08-2013 12:02, Ashley La Bolle | EPAG Domainservices GmbH wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right email group to be sending this kind
> of question to.. If not, is there a registry email address I can write
> and count on getting a timely response?
>
> Do name servers need to be registered in the sandbox environment to be
> used for domain creates in the sandbox environment, or is it enough to
> register the name servers in production? If name servers need to be
> registered in the sandbox environment, how do we go about this?
>
> Best regards,
> Ashley
>
> --
> Ashley La Bolle
> Product Manager

> EPAG Domainservices GmbH
>
> Niebuhrstraße 16B | phone: +49 228 3296814
> 53113 Bonn | cell: +49 151 57126161
> Germany | fax: +49 228 3296849
> http://www.epag.de | e-mail:al_at_epag.de
> twitter.com/epagnews
>

> Sitz des Unternehmens / Location: Bonn
> Handelsregister / Registration: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 12950
> Geschäftsführung / CEO: Alexander Schwertner
> USt-ID / VAT-ID: DE 813880569
>

> EPAG is a part of Tucows.com (www.tucows.com)

> Reduce the complexity of domain and SSL purchasing!
> EPAG provides more than 280 TLDs and many SSL certificates

Erik Johansen
Titel: Udvikler/Developer
Tlf.      33 64 60 60
Mobil:    40 13 60 57