Re: [EPP-discuss] Technical Rules for Company, Public Organisation, or Association Contacts

From: Erik Johansen <ejo_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:00:36 +0200

contact:name and contact:org are both validated somewhat like this:
      Max length: 60
      Valid characters:
'a-zA-Z0-9.
!"#$%&\'()*+,/:;=>?_at_\-'

      (The contact:name had a more restricted format up to and including
EPP version 1.0.5, but this has now been relaxed.)

VAT number is required for company and public_organization. The VAT
number is validated for syntax.

/Erik

On 26-08-2013 11:10, Ashley La Bolle | EPAG Domainservices GmbH wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> A couple more questions regarding the creation of company, public
> organisation, and association contacts:
>
> * Can you please describe the technical limitations that apply to
> the "Name" field?" For example, we've noticed errors when the
> Company Name only consists of one word or begins/ends with a "." .
> What other limitations apply to this field?
>
> * Does the registry validate whether a VAT number is inlcuded in the
> registrant contact for company, public organisation, or
> association types? Or does the EPP allow contacts to be created
> for these types even though the field is mandatory according to
> registry policy?
>
> Thanks again!
> Ashley
>
> --
> Ashley La Bolle
> Product Manager

> EPAG Domainservices GmbH
>
> Niebuhrstrae 16B | phone: +49 228 3296814
> 53113 Bonn | cell: +49 151 57126161
> Germany | fax: +49 228 3296849
> http://www.epag.de | e-mail:al_at_epag.de
> twitter.com/epagnews
>

> Sitz des Unternehmens / Location: Bonn
> Handelsregister / Registration: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 12950
> Geschftsfhrung / CEO: Alexander Schwertner
> USt-ID / VAT-ID: DE 813880569
>

> EPAG is a part of Tucows.com (www.tucows.com)

> Reduce the complexity of domain and SSL purchasing!
> EPAG provides more than 280 TLDs and many SSL certificates

Erik Johansen
Titel: Udvikler/Developer
1560 Kbenhavn V
Tlf.      33 64 60 60
Mobil:    40 13 60 57
Fax.:     33 64 60 66
Email:    ejo+s1_at_dk-hostmaster.dk
Homepage: http://www.dk-hostmaster.dk
.dk Danmarks plads p Internettet
fortrolig information, som kun er til brug for den tiltnkte modtager.
at offentliggre, videresende eller tage kopi af meddelelsen.