Re: [EPP-discuss] IDN domains registration?

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:42:11 +0100

Hi Peter,

The issue is that you reusing your clTRID (client transaction identifier). This has to be unique if your want a response from us. We are aware that the EPP specification is a bit unclear on this topic, but we regard transactional integrity as important in this particular case.

From RFC:5730 section 2.5.

   - An OPTIONAL <clTRID> (client transaction identifier) element that
      MAY be used to uniquely identify the command to the client.
      Clients are responsible for maintaining their own transaction
      identifier space to ensure uniqueness.

From RFC:5730, section 2.6

- Transaction identifiers provide command-response synchronization
   integrity. They SHOULD be logged, retained, and protected to ensure
   that both the client and the server have consistent temporal and
   state-management records.

We are looking into giving a better error message for this case and I will emphasize this is next revision of the specification.

As for punycode notation for domain names, this should not be necessary since we support UTF-8, I am reluctant to implementing this, but if there are a overweight of EPP users requesting this, I will look into supporting this.

jonasbn