Re: [EPP-discuss] IDN domains registration?

From: Andreas Schneider <aschneider_at_1api.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:02:01 +0100

+1 for Mario!

On 07.11.2013 15:00, InterNetworX | Mario Peschel wrote:
> I would recommend not to check clTRID at all. I'm sure there are clients
> out there who always use the default: <clTRID>ABC-12345</clTRID>
>
> Mario
>
> Am 07.11.13 13:39, schrieb Jonas B. Nielsen:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Please see below:

>>> unique for me or unique for all?
>>>

>> Unique for your client id (clID).
>>

>>> howcome it be an issue after doing
>>>
>>> login
>>> create contact
>>> host info (5 times)
>>> create domain (here it fails)
>>>

>>> if you want it unique for every "session", why am i able to login (but then restricted in commands) ?
>>
>> Please note that this is not a session id, it is a transaction id.
>>

>>> if you want it unique for every command, why can i do 7 commands with the same clTRID ?
>>>

>> We only serialize it for create domain.
>>
>> clTRID is the client tool and we do not want to dictate how you go about your transactional architecture, but in order to keep proper transaction integrity we serialize clID and clTRID so we can identify these more easily later.
>>
>> Whether this should have more fine grained control in order to accomodate different transactional models on the client side, could be argued, but we did not anticipate this and the examples in the RFCs for EPP seem to demonstrate a use of clTRID to be unique per command, in order to match commands and responses accordingly. We do not police this aspect at this time, since the emphasis on the clTRID in the EPP specification is somewhat underplayed IMHO.
>>
>> There are a lot of grey areas in the EPP specifications and we hade to make some assumptions and interpretations on the parts that are not explicitly defined or seem to be written between the lines.
>>
>> We could police the clTRIDs dictating transactional models, but I am not sure that is what clients want?
>>
>> I will clarify our use and interpretation of clTRID in the specification and await more feedback.
>>
>>> Or is it just the domain create that fails due to it making an order and that haves to be unique (i can see my clTRID was not working properly, but i don't like the idea that an order can fail if i reuse an id by accident)

>>> i'm just adding an ascii2idn($domain) so i really don't care, but for sake of being sane, i only do ascii locally, so +1 for allowing it
>>>

>>> regards, Peter Larsen - ICANN Accredited registrar
>>>
>>> My info: http://larsen.tel
>>> Company info: http://larsendata.tel
>>>

>> --
>> Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards
>> Jonas B. Nielsen
>> Software udvikler/Softwaredeveloper
>>
>> DK Hostmaster A/S
>> Kalvebod Brygge 45, 3. sal
>> 1560 København V
>>
>> Tlf. +45 33 64 60 60
>> Mobil: +45 31 54 60 56
>> Fax.: +45 33 64 60 66
>> Email: jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk
>> Homepage: https://www.dk-hostmaster.dk
>>
>> .dk Danmarks plads på Internettet

> [...]

Andreas Schneider
Network Supervisor
1API GmbH
Your Trusted Registrar
T: +49 6841 69 84 345
F: +49 6841 69 84 299
M: +49 151  11 35 35 67
E: aschneider_at_1api.net
W: http://www.1api.net
1API GmbH, Talstrasse 27, 66424 Homburg, Germany.  CEO: Jens Wagner, HRB 15683,
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken, VAT-ID: DE-248636780
This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended only or the person(s)
directly addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, transmission,
distribution, or other forms of dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
email with any files that may be attached.