Re: [EPP-discuss] Release of EPP 1.0.8 to epp.dk-hostmaster.dk

From: Peter Larsen <peter.larsen_at_larsendata.dk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:29:41 +0100

On 13 Nov 2013, at 09:26, Michael Hansen <mih_at_one.com> wrote:
>>> If possible, please give me a timeframe when update happens, and email me when done, I will appreciate it, thanks
> A warning of "the release will be deployed to production beginning of next week" or "we have updated our EPP service in production to version" is not very useful for planning when to apply the update to our system.

I might not say it specifically as Michael did, or I did not ask politely enough.

When you update stuff, that potentially BREAKS production, eg change version of namespace in the extension and it then bumps out with error messages, you would really want to give us a specific timeframe so we can change our client software to the correct version when you do the update.

Otherwise, the time in the sandbox is just wasted if i have NO idea when the update is applied and it will cause production stop here.

We have already several times emphasised this, including examples, including mention several times in the registrar meetings that changes and downtime have to be announced very specified

examples below have already been relayed, but now repeated

subject:
[x-Registrars] .x OT&E Scheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED] [13 May 2013 04:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC]
[x-Registrars] .x OT&E Scheduled Maintenance [STARTED] [13 May 2013 04:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC]
[x-Registrars] .x OT&E Scheduled Maintenance 2 Day Notice [13 May 2013 04:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC]
[x-Registrars] .x OT&E Scheduled Maintenance 7 Day Notice [13 May 2013 04:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC]

body:

Registrars,

The .x OT&E system is scheduled for a maintenance on 13 May 2013 between 04:00 - 09:00 UTC.

During the maintenance, you may expect the following:

SRS: Available
Web Based Administrative Interface: Available
DNS: Resolution is unaffected
WHOIS: Available
OT&E: Intermittent Connectivity

If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support.

Sincerely,

regards, Peter Larsen - ICANN Accredited registrar

My info: http://larsen.tel
Company info: http://larsendata.tel