Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP production updated to version 1.0.11

From: Peter Larsen <peter.larsen_at_larsendata.dk>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:27:50 +0200

On 29 Apr 2014, at 09:46, Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are happy to announce that we have updated our EPP service in our sandbox to version 1.0.11.

Thanks for reusing the same announcement as for the sandbox, please edit it next time so i wont miss it on the 29. when you suddenly switch poll system.

heres a hint why I just blew a fuse:

pre announce release dates in advance, i have only asked for this like a zillion times, can you please write it down and actually do it. I would so much prefer not to be pre pissed off before the Århus meeting?

Minimum 14 days, a month would be nice.

like:
- -
Today is the 15. april 2014

We are happy to announce that we WILL update our EPP service in our PRODUCTION to version 1.0.11 at 10:00 CEST on the 29. April 2014

Scheduled downtime for the service is 30 mins and is therefore estimated to be completed at 10:30 CEST 29. april 2014

Please be aware that the email form will still be open during the service window.

This is primarily a bug fix release addressing the following issues:

- We have implemented support for punycode encoding for domain names where relevant
- Wrong return codes for poll commands have been addressed
- Improvement on clTRID handling in case of errors have been implemented
- Phonenumber formatting have been fixed
- "auto" keyword is enforced for contact creation

The specification will be updated shortly with updated examples and clarifications.

        - https://www.dk-hostmaster.dk/english/tech-notes/epp/

Please let us now if your experience any issues,

As previously mentioned and announced separately we have updated the sandbox to release 1.0.12 this morning, which is a bug fix released aimed at a stbility issue.

jonasbn

- -

Questions? Do you understand why i want this?

I know we are still doing "beta", but announcements of possible breaking updates in eg. .se's EPP have a minimum testing time of 6 months, so when we are all happy with the .dk epp system you should really consider breaking updates and minor updates. and prolonging the announcement and testing time.

regards, Peter Larsen - ICANN Accredited registrar

My info: http://larsen.tel
Company info: http://larsendata.tel