Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP sandbox environment updated to release 1.1.3

From: Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 12:41:03 +0100

> On 27/11/2014, at 15.19, Peter Larsen <peter.larsen_at_larsendata.dk> wrote:
>

>> On 27 Nov 2014, at 15:16, Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Subscribers.
>>
>> We are updating our EPP service to version 1.1.3 for the sandbox environment. This bug fix release contains addresses the following:
>>
>> - Revisit of implementation of punycode handling for create/info/check domain
>
> so both are accepted now?

Yes. I do however have an outstanding issue with encoding of domainnames in responses, since these are UTF-8 for now, this might change in the future if we are also going to echo the same values in punycode encoding.

>> - msqQ now handled according to RFC, too expressive for pending message
>
> can you tell us more exact what the change is?

Yes, for non-poll responses presenting information on awaiting messages in the poll queue we also held the message, so we propagated to much information.

Like this example:

   <msgQ count="1" id="101">
     <msg>Create domain pending for somedomain.dk</msg>
   </msgQ>

We now follow the RFC (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5730#page-13):

- An OPTIONAL <msgQ> element that describes messages queued for
     client retrieval. A <msgQ> element MUST NOT be present if there
     are no messages queued for client retrieval. A <msgQ> element MAY
     be present in responses to EPP commands other than the <poll>
     command if messages are queued for retrieval. A <msgQ> element
     MUST be present in responses to the EPP <poll> command if messages
     are queued for retrieval. The <msgQ> element contains the
     following attributes:

<new page>

     o A "count" attribute that describes the number of messages that
        exist in the queue.

     o An "id" attribute used to uniquely identify the message at the
        head of the queue.

     The <msgQ> element contains the following OPTIONAL child elements
     that MUST be returned in response to a <poll> request command and
     MUST NOT be returned in response to any other command, including a
     <poll> acknowledgement:

     o A <qDate> element that contains the date and time that the
        message was enqueued.

     o A <msg> element containing a human-readable message. The
        language of the response is identified via an OPTIONAL "lang"
        attribute. If not specified, the default attribute value MUST
        be "en" (English). This element MAY contain XML content for
        formatting purposes, but the XML content is not specified by
        the protocol and will thus not be processed for validity.

And an example:

  Example response with notice of waiting server messages:

  S:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
  S:<epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0">
  S: <response>
  S: <result code="1000">
  S: <msg>Command completed successfully</msg>
  S: </result>
  S: <msgQ count="5" id="12345"/>
  S: <trID>
  S: <clTRID>ABC-12345</clTRID>