Re: [EPP-discuss] Issues with EPP poll messages

From: Peter Larsen <peter.larsen_at_larsendata.dk>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 13:35:01 +0100

i just did a small test on the usability on the validating procedure, i will ask every danish registrar to do this, since i assume your phone will ring off the hook tomorrow.

Usability score is around 1,2 of 10:

in the case of usability, why not simply update the records totally if customer asked for it? Might be a stupid question, but why not?

questions you could have asked yourself, but did not:

1) how does the customer know his handle so he can acquire the password for login for selfservice?
https://www.dk-hostmaster.dk/faq-pages/rettenavn <https://www.dk-hostmaster.dk/faq-pages/rettenavn>

2) change the password and activate the domainname… namely the last part, really needed, and why 6 screens of death? Why?

3) make a new handle… and follow the dreaded old procedure with a new login, new passwords and.. still not checking any information before creating it… 4-5 screens for death.. Why?

i stopped here, i’m still shocked.. It’s still horrible..

if the customer just wants to UPDATE the fre…..ing information, LET HIM!