Re: [EPP-discuss] Forthcoming feature releases of the EPP service: renew

From: Jonas Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:39:33 +0200

Hi Tom,

> On 13 Apr 2016, at 09:37, Tom Sommer <ts_at_zitcom.dk> wrote:
>
> Looks absolutely great.
>
> Does this mean expire dates will be fixed and updated real-time?

Expire dates should be fixed and are already (compared to deletion date) and updates should be real-time.

Are you hinting to that it should be the command setting the date and not the related financial transaction?

> If a customer renews the domain himself, through normal means, it's critical that this is reflected immediately in EPP. Otherwise we risk double renewals? Has this been taken into consideration?

The API has sort of a check, since the current expiration date has to be provided so if this differs, we would return an error. I can see that I have not specified this particular scenario I will include this in the next revision.

Possible renewal via other channels should implement the same safeguard to ensure atomic behaviour and transactional integrity - do you agree?