Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP update domain draft proposal

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 12:51:00 +0000

Hi Andreas,

And you might be right that this is the proper way.

We support altering the period via our self-service platform and would love to support the same feature via EPP.

The thing that confuses me is this:

> The EPP <update> command provides a transform operation that allows a
> client to modify the attributes of a domain object.

Ref: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5731#page-25

But it seems that it is only possible to change: roles, nameservers, DNSSEC (via extension) and registrant. So the period is all of a sudden regarded as a secondrate citizen, even though it influences the future invoicing cycle.

So based on that you would have to require a RENEW command to change it.

I will try to analyse it more deeply perhaps it is just a case of “same same, but different”, since it seems the effect will actually be the same.

jonasbn