[EPP-discuss] New EPP service release available for evaluation

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:01:15 +0000

Vi har happy to present a pre-release of our upcoming update of our EPP service.

The pre-release is available at the address:

        epp-evaluation.dk-hostmaster.dk port 700

This environment is similar to our sandbox environment for EPP and acts as such. Which means that the environment is a sandbox from which you will not be able to influence production data and the final effekt of some command are not available. The primary focus of the environment is to demonstrate the EPP command and their implementation in EPP context.

Access to the environment has to be with user-id and password resembling the current sandbox, if you have not used the current sandbox, you have to use your production credentials, since these previously have been synchronised into this environment. If you experience any trouble (error code 2200) please contact:

        tech_at_dk-hostmaster.dk

And we will re-synchronize the account in question again.

Please note that the service is in beta-test and not all commands might work as expected.

The new service update contains the following new commands:

- Ad hoc domain renewal (Renew Domain)
- Update of domain (Update Domain) for change nameservers, change billing and admin contacts, update of DNSSEC data
- Creation of nameserver (Create Host)
- Update of nameserver (Update Host)
- Deletion of nameserver (Delete Host)
- Update user data (Update Contact)
- Extension to domain information (Info Domain)

In addition extensions to messages for retrieval via EPP and the Poll command, these are for now related to the above commands.

Of the above commands the following are available in the new environment from today:

- Ad hoc domain renewal (Renew Domain)
- Creation of nameserver (Create Host)
- Update of nameserver (Update Host)
- Deletion of nameserver (Delete Host)

The remaining will follow later.

Ad hoc domain renewal requires that you are a registrar and billing contact for the domain in question and finally that the domain does not hold any outstanding financial issues.

We are opening up for use of EPP for nameserver administrators, which is interesting for commands in regard to nameserver administration, such as:

- Creation of nameserver (with addition of nameserver administrator)
- Update of nameserver (change of IP address or nameserver administrator)
- Deletion of nameserver

Nameserver administrators could also have interest in update of domain, which supports change of nameserver and update for DNSSEC data. In addition to change of nameserver, update domain also supports change of billing- and admin-contacts.

Last but not least will be supporting update of user data, this function will however have little effect, since the access to customer data is highly limited and is reserved ti the user is most cases.

The technical specification, which is still being edited, is available at:

        https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification/tree/prerelease-2.0

A complete product presentation of the new features of the EPP service will be given on October 13th. 9:30-11:00 in conjunction with our release of the new service update to production. Additional information on this meeting will follow.

Best regards,

Tlf. +45 33 64 60 60
Fax.: +45 33 64 60 66
Email: jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk