[EPP-discuss] Questions regarding New EPP service release

From: Rieke Poppe - One.com <rm_at_one.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:29:10 +0200

Hello DK Hostmaster,

I have some questions.

1) Is the release date still October 12th? The email doesn't mention the
production date, I only know from talking to Malene

2) Will the existing commands still work the same way after the release,
or is this change code breaking? This is quite important to know if this
means we MUST implement towards release date, and not whenever it suits
us after.

3) When will the documentation be final? We can't (will not) programme
against a moving target, so we can't take any decisions about the
implementation before we know that the documentation is locked and final.

4) If you still plan to release on October 12th, why is the meeting only
being held after the system has been pushed to production?

5) I still think it is an awful idea to open EPP to anyone but registrars.

6) Why was this email only sent on the EPP list, and not as general
information to all registrars? (what about the ones that are not on the
discuss list?)

I am sending this to the official email, as I otherwise can't expect an
answer. Still sending a copy to the list though, as others might have
the same questions as I do.

--
best regards
Rieke Poppe (RM)