Re: [EPP-discuss] Questions regarding New EPP service release

From: Erwin Lansing <erwin_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:28:26 +0000

Hi Rieke,

Let me quickly elaborate a bit on one of your questions, I can’t comment on the others.

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 09:29, Rieke Poppe - One.com <rm_at_one.com> wrote:
>
> 5) I still think it is an awful idea to open EPP to anyone but registrars.

It’s important to note that we’l only open certain functions to other roles via EPP, functions they already have access to via other channels. This will thus make no difference to how you, as a registrar, use our EPP (or other interfaces), but just add another way for other roles to interact with us in a programmable way. This also does not change our rules on what function which role can access, registrar-specific functions will still only be accessible to registrars. Also note that this will have to be a separate service, so registrar-specific functions will only be accessible on the current platform, with the additional security of the firewall rules.

In short, this will not change anything for you, we’ll only add an additional protocol for other roles to access function with us they already have access to via other interfaces.

I hope that explains it a bit more.

Best,
Erwin

Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards