[EPP-discuss] New EPP service release (2.1.0) available for evaluation

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 07:33:06 +0000

Hello,

Vi har happy to present the second pre-release of our upcoming update of our EPP service.

The pre-release is available at the address:

        epp-evaluation.dk-hostmaster.dk port 700

This environment is similar to our sandbox environment for EPP and acts as such. Which means that the environment is a sandbox from which you will not be able to influence production data and the final effekt of some command are not available. The primary focus of the environment is to demonstrate the EPP command and their implementation in EPP context.

Access to the environment has to be with user-id and password resembling the current sandbox, if you have not used the current sandbox, you have to use your production credentials, since these previously have been synchronised into this environment. If you experience any trouble (error code 2200) please contact:

        tech_at_dk-hostmaster.dk

And we will re-synchronize the account in question again.

Please note that the service is in beta-test and not all commands might work as expected.

The new service update contains the following new commands:

- Update of domain (Update Domain) for change nameservers, change billing and admin contacts, update of DNSSEC data

The previous release held:

- Ad hoc domain renewal (Renew Domain)
- Creation of nameserver (Create Host)
- Update of nameserver (Update Host)
- Deletion of nameserver (Delete Host)
- Extensions to messages for retrieval via EPP and the Poll command, for the above commands.

So the next release is planned to hold:

- Update user data (Update Contact)
- Extension to domain information (Info Domain)

In addition to the above we are looking into improving the sandbox environment so it can simulate interactions with off-line processes, more information on this will follow.

The technical specification, which is still being edited, is available at:

        https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification/tree/prerelease-2.0

Please note that the specification will not have significant changes, the specification is being edited for readability, clarity and of course corrections to examples, spelling errors etc.

A complete product presentation of the new features of the EPP service will be given on October 13th. 9:30-11:00 in conjunction with our release of the new service update to production. Additional information on this meeting will follow.

Best regards,

Tlf. +45 33 64 60 60
Fax.: +45 33 64 60 66
Email: jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk