[EPP-discuss] Existing commands, more data and concerns

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:17:39 +0000

Hello all,

It has been hinted to me that there are some concerns about possible breaking changes with the upcoming EPP service release. The new release is focussed on primarily “new” commands, meaning command we have not supported before, such as:

- renew domain
- update domain
- create host
- update host / contact
- delete host

Anyway a lot have changed since the first implementation was deployed and as mentioned we are evaluating extensions to some of the existing commands.

The proposed changes are:

- to info domain and possibly check domain, more use of our existing extension domainAdvisory for communicating waiting lists and deletion dates, a separate mail outlining these changes was sent to this list earlier today.

- to create contact and info contact, more information from on users. By adding extensions to show: mobilephone number and secondary email two fields added with the release of the self-service platform in January 2016.

The extensions are described in the XSD draft:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-xsd-files/commits/epp_contact_admin_v1

I do not consider these breaking changes, but due to the concern I will mention them here more explicitly.

Please evaluate the proposed changes and gives us some feedback if you have questions or concerns and we will process it promptly.

The proposed changes are scheduled for evaluation on the upcoming release to the evaluation environment and the will be outlined and clarified in the specification revision 2.0.

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification/tree/prerelease-2.0

Looking forward to your feedback,

jonasbn

[cid:65C7ED51-AD0F-4703-A79C-5E74CB78DF54]

DK-1560 København V

+45 3364 6060 • +45 3154 6056 • jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk<mailto:usc_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> • www.dk-hostmaster.dk<http://www.dk-hostmaster.dk>