[EPP-discuss] EPP release 2.2.1 deployed for evaluation

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:53:06 +0000

Hello,

Vi har happy to present the third pre-release of our upcoming update of our EPP service: 2.2.1

The pre-release is available at the address:

epp-evaluation.dk-hostmaster.dk<http://epp-evaluation.dk-hostmaster.dk> port 700

This environment is similar to our sandbox environment for EPP and acts as such. Which means that the environment is a sandbox from which you will not be able to influence production data and the final effekt of some command are not available. The primary focus of the environment is to demonstrate the EPP command and their implementation in EPP context.

Access to the environment has to be with user-id and password resembling the current sandbox, if you have not used the current sandbox, you have to use your production credentials, since these previously have been synchronised into this environment. If you experience any trouble (error code 2200) please contact:

tech_at_dk-hostmaster.dk<mailto:tech_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>

And we will re-synchronize the account in question again.

The new service update concludes the planned work on the EPP service for now, so the new features/commands are:

- Update of domain (Update Domain) for change nameservers, change billing and admin contacts, update of DNSSEC data
- Ad hoc domain renewal (Renew Domain)
- Creation of nameserver (Create Host)
- Update of nameserver (Update Host)
- Deletion of nameserver (Delete Host)
- Extensions to messages for retrieval via EPP and the Poll command, for the above commands.
- Update user data (Update Contact)
- Extension to domain information (Info Domain)

Some of the changes you should be aware of are:

- XSD version changes to 2.0 new XSD is available for download at: https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-xsd-files/releases/tag/2.0 or you can always go directly to the repository: https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-xsd-files

- the poll message in regard to create domain has been extended with data in regard to the original request

- check and info domain has been extended with advisories on pending deletion and estimated deletion date

- info user has been extended with mobilephone and secondaryEmail

- the domain status codes has been revisited and reimplemented for a more correct status and hence better usability

We have addressed several bugs in the existing code base, these are some of the more significant ones:

- the poll message in regard to create domain has been extended with the original clTRID and svTRID for traceability

We will take some time to test the service more thoroughly in regard to backwards compatibility and we are looking into improving the sandbox environment so it can simulate interactions with off-line processes, more information on this will follow.

The technical specification, which is still being edited, is available at:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification/tree/prerelease-2.0

Please note that the specification will not have significant changes, the specification is being edited for readability, clarity and of course corrections to examples, spelling errors etc.

Best regards,

jonasbn

[cid:65C7ED51-AD0F-4703-A79C-5E74CB78DF54]

DK-1560 København V

+45 3364 6060 • +45 3154 6056 • jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk<mailto:usc_at_dk-hostmaster.dk> • www.dk-hostmaster.dk<http://www.dk-hostmaster.dk>