Re: [EPP-discuss] EPP evaluation environment has been updated to bug fix release 2.2.3

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:53:07 +0000

Hi Kristian,

We have worked hard on ensuring that backwards compatibility was in place in cooperation with registrars and that we have not introduced any regression.

First public release of the EPP service 2.0.0 was made available on 20th. of September 2016, offering:

- Ad hoc domain renewal (Renew Domain)
- Creation of nameserver (Create Host)
- Update of nameserver (Update Host)
- Deletion of nameserver (Delete Host)
- XSD revision 1.5

This release was production ready from our perspective.

Second public release of the EPP service 2.1.0 was made available on 29th. of September 2016

- Update user data (Update Contact)
- Extension to domain information (Info Domain)
- XSD revision 1.6

This release was production ready from our perspective.

Third public release of the EPP service 2.2.1 was made available on 12th. of October 2016

- Update of domain (Update Domain) for change nameservers, change billing and admin contacts, update of DNSSEC data
- Extensions to messages for retrieval via EPP and the Poll command, for the above commands.
- XSD revision 2.0

Fourth public release of the EPP service 2.2.2 was made available on 13th. of October 2016

- Addressing issue with the XSD and backwards compatibility, reported by a registrar

Today I announced that downloaded XSD files should be updated due to a minor issue with a missing declaration.

Please note that the extending of the service has been incremental and for continous evaluation throughout the period. Nobody has to make use of the commands until they are ready.

The important factor here is that you can comply with the new XSD, so we do not break existing systems integrations, you do not have to implement all of the above commands for tomorrow, you just have to update your system to the new XSD.

The whole EPP service upgrade have been long underway, so it should not come as a surprise and the target deadline was communicated quite early and on multiple occasions.

I have escalated your request,

jonasbn