[EPP-discuss] Complaints/Questions related to new EPP Service

From: Andreas Schraut-Petto <apetto_at_key-systems.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:47:45 +0200

Hi All,

I've found a few things in the documentation for the new EPP version.
First, I thought things are getting better... But unfortunately not :-(

Dear DK-Hostmaster, if you really would like to offer a GOOD and USEFUL
EPP Service to your REGISTRARS, please have a look how that is handled
by some big Registries (Centralnic, Afilias, Donuts, etc. ...).

Here are my complaints I've found so far:

* domain:check

=> "Since DK Hostmaster does support a concept of blocked domains.
A domain name will be indicated as available if the domain name has
the status of blocked."

Why do you not display such a blocked domain as "not available"?
You could use the <reason> part of the response to tell your registrars
it's a blocked domain name. IN my opinion, there is no need for an
extension.

<domain:cd>
    <domain:name avail="0">blockeddomain.dk</domain:name>
    <domain:reason>Blocked</domain:reason>
</domain:cd>

* domain:info

=> result still shows not the current registrar!
=> result still shows not if the domain is already activated or not! For
domains not activated, I expect a status pendingCreate or similar.

* host:create

=> How could you make a simple epp command so complicated?!
Why is it not possible to use that command to simply create a nameserver
object in your database like 99% of ALL OTHER registrys are doing it?

If you really would like to have a contact along with the host object
you could have a look to the EPP from .CZ registry.

* host:info

=> same as for domain:info. The current REGISTRAR is not displayed in
the response!

* domain:update

=> why are you not supporting the common domain status clientHold,
clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited,
clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

* Poll

=> are only poll messages in the queue from commands executed thru EPP
or can I find messages from all operations (for example domain create
via email template) in that queue?

Many thanks,
Best regards,
Andreas

--
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,
Andreas Schraut-Petto
Software-Engineer
Head of Second Level Support
Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 915
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: apetto_at_key-systems.net
Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com
Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and Google+
and stay updated:
www.key-systems.net/facebook
www.key-systems.net/google+
www.twitter.com/Key_Systems / www.twitter.com/RRPproxy
www.twitter.com/dd24 / www.twitter.com/BrandShelter
CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534
Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu
This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content
of this email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this
e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, kindly notify the author by replying to this e-mail or
contacting us by telephone.