EPP rolling back to 2.2.4 in production Re: EPP production updated to release 2.3.1

From: Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 07:54:57 +0000

Dear EPP users,

Based on feedback from some registrars we have decided to roll back to version 2.2.4 for EPP in production.

We are observing some issues with:

- info domain
- create domain

The create domain issue is related to a validation library breaking backwards compatibility, this error occurs when the tech role is specified and this particular request format, runs into this issue the request fails with a validation error. The breaking of backwards compatibility should of course be handled in EPP and the change should be documented and announced. We are sorry that this particular change slipped through our tests and will work on an approach to hinder these change side-effects in the future.

The info domain issue seem to be related to validation also, where the domain parameter is wrangled and the lookup fails. Not all registrars are observing this particular issue, but quite a few do. The feature has been tested on our side, so we are going to have look at the difference between the requests that success and fail in order to locate the problem, this is a time consuming proces and a quick fix it not possible.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Thanks for the assistance and error reports from our EPP users, helping to pinpoint the issues.

I will get back to you when I have more information on a new release addressing the above issues and getting us back on track on minimising the gap between 2.2.X and 2.3.X

jonasbn