DK Hostmaster will no longer reveal information about proxies and name server managers in WHOIS

From: Nikolaj Ravn Hansen <nrh_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 13:15:29 +0000

Dear subscribers

DK Hostmaster will no longer reveal information about proxies in the public WHOIS or in other services after 25 April 2019.

As of today we implement the changes, therefore it is no longer possible to find information about the proxy or name server manager in the Danish WHOIS.

Still able to establish contact
We believe that there may still be a need to contact the proxy or name server manager for a .dk domain name, we have implemented a contact form in WHOIS. Here you can request contact with the proxy or name server manager.
The request is sent to the email we have registered on the proxy or name server manager, after which they need to contact you. DK Hostmaster solely sends out the email, and we do no further if there are problems with the email address.

The form is also available for contact to registrants.

Injunction from the Danish Data Protection Agency
On March 28, 2019, DK Hostmaster received an injunction from the Danish Data Protection Agency, which stated that we are not authorized by the Data Protection Regulation to publish information about proxies in WHOIS or other services. Of course, we follow this decision and will at the same time, anonymize information about the name server manager.

We will continue to publish information about registrants of .dk domain names in the WHOIS database as this is our obligation under the Danish Domain Law.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Nikolaj Ravn Hansen
Udviklingschef / Head of Development

[cid:image001.png_at_01D218CA.70698670]

This is an email from DK Hostmaster A/S. This message may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.