Increased frequency of .dk zone updates

From: Niels Haarbo <haarbo_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:30:48 +0000

Dear subscribers

Today (at around 13.20) we have updated our systems, which means that we have introduced dynamic updates to the .dk zone.

This means that we currently are updating the zone every two minutes. Earlier, we made the update once an hour.

You will therefore experience, for example, that registrations, redelegations and deletions of domain names will be processed much faster than earlier.

We have used the third party open software Knot DNS and BIND in combination with proprietary software.

We hope you will welcome the change.

Med venlig hilsen

Niels Haarbo
Senior Consultant