EPP service release 3.4.0 and XSD 3.0 update scheduled - friendly reminder

From: Jonas Brømsø <jonasbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 17:07:06 +0000

Dear EPP Users,

Just a friendly reminder, as previously announced we are updating the EPP service and EPP XSD in production with updates breaking backwards compatibility.

The update is scheduled to take place in 20 days on: 2020-04-21 kl: 10:00 CEST (UTC: 08:00) and we should steer clear of the Easter holiday. We hope this does not conflict too much with quarantine or similar efforts or other impacts of the Corona virus.

The release of the XSD breaks backwards compatibility by following the best practice of allowing only a single and authoritative definition of the XSD and not allowing all the older and historical versions of the XSDs.

This new version of the XSD is labelled as 3.0, the XSD does not add any new definitions and no existing definitions are removed, so adoption should is only be in regard to the version number.

The EPP service version 3.4.0 comes with version 3.0 of the XSD as the only change. The updates are available for evaluation in the sandbox environment.

The latest service specification (version 3.5) is available at:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification

The XSD definition (3.0) is available at:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-xsd-files

An overview of the DK Hostmaster EPP environment can be seen here:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/epp-service-specification/wiki

An overview of the complete DK Hostmaster sandbox environment can be seen here:

https://github.com/DK-Hostmaster/sandbox-environment-specification/wiki

Take care and stay safe,

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jonas Brømsø
Product Manager

DK Hostmaster A/S, Ørestads Boulevard 108, 11. Sal, DK-2300 København S

+45 3364 6060 • +45 3154 6056 • jbn_at_dk-hostmaster.dk • www.dk-hostmaster.dk