Service unavailability June 5th 2020

From: Niels Haarbo <haarbo_at_dk-hostmaster.dk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 07:24:39 +0000

Dear subscribers

On June 5th 2020 between 11:27 and 12:32 CEST DK Hostmasters administrative systems was unavailable due to network problems.

It all began with a major outage at one of our suppliers of network infrastructure at 6:25 in Jutland. The outage caused redundant lines between our data centers to be affected. When the lines came up again at 11:27, our two firewalls had gone into split brain mode.

We have designed our network infrastructure to be redundant and able to withstand as many different types of outages as possible, but based on this incident, we will consider whether to change our setup.

We are sorry for the incident and any inconveniences related to this.

Best regards

Niels Haarbo,
DK Hostmaster A/S